Sunday, December 21, 2008

Vivienne Westwood Anglomania























So, I know I said I was prepared to say farewell to Fall/Winter 2008 and all of it's glorious layers, then we got 8" of snow and 2" of ice last night...and I saw this coat from Vivienne Westwood's Anglomania. When it comes to military inspired fashion, there is an abundantly diverse selection of pieces that represent a whole spectrum of origins and military eras. From WWII paratrooper-esque jumpsuits, to 18th century French colonel's uniforms, there are endless uses for these reminiscent details. I don't know if this coat is in fact military or simply old-world Britt, but I love the strong lapel and how, even with the double-button, it still pinches-in (very femenine) at the waist.
(at ronherman.com)

No comments: