Saturday, October 20, 2012

The List: #1


***
Everyone seems to have their own version of a "Top 10" list, or a carefully edited run-down of the most indispensable items a woman should have in her closet...the must haves. Well, I was feeling a little left out and wanted to put in my two cents worth of opinion on the subject. What are those trustworthy pieces that everyone should have on stand-by that will never let you down and always take you where you need to go??  My #1: The Classic "Men's" Dress Shirt.  I say it in quotation marks because it doesn't really have to be from the men's department, but I find the over sized look of a boxy cut preferable. This style of shirt is clean, timeless and probably the most diverse garment(s) I own. I tie, twist, tuck, button, unbutton and layer these shirts into so many different looks, I literally wear one every other day. It doesn't have to be white, just as long as it's neutral (like a navy pinstripe or light gray), simple, and is big enough that it falls away from the body. If it's classic enough it can be worn with just about everything!


No comments: