Sunday, March 21, 2010

3.1 Phillip Lim













***
These are the amazing shorts that pair with the tie-back top I posted a few days ago from Phillip Lim. I'm really liking his over-all collections these past few seasons...feminine, layered, textural and always a little wink-and-nod to eras past. These shorts immediately spoke to me and remained in my thoughts for days. Having said that, you can imagine how elated I was to find a pair of shockingly similar shorts at the Melrose Trading Post flea market for a mere $17! They are most likely the wayward lower half of a tappers' costume. Though not nearly as tailored as Mr.Lim's they are lined in silk, have all their sparkles in tact and cut long and relaxed...and did I mention they were $17. I see days with white t-shirts, relaxed blazers and ankle boots, and nights of sky-high heels, vintage furs and lots of tap dancing!
(3.1 Phillip Lim shorts at lagarconne.com, $595)

No comments: